Monday, June 05, 2006

I remember all your favourite food

Father, I remember all your favourite food today, when I saw the mangos on the tree. You loved the green mangos, pickled or just raw, and would even eat it with just a little sugar.
I always tried to cook what you liked, but not always with success. I know you enjoyed my acar ikan, and you would even drink the sauce. I know you did not like the way I fry vegetables as I could not cooked the ones you liked well. You liked to eat Jui Eng Chai, how I wish I had cooked that more often.
I know you and mother love chicken, and I know you always enjoyed a drumstick.
Yet sometime I tried to serve you more fish and vegetables instead of that, thinking of both your health.
You hated pizza but loved western dishes like chicken chop and steak. Yet you seldom got to take them. I know you love to eat laksa, pasembur and goreng pisang; and it had been so long since I bought you Hu Thau Bi Hoon, though I know you loved it. You often ask me to buy you nasi lemak in the morning and Father that was why I used to I cooked it for you. You never complain of my cooking, though I sometime just serve dishes so plain. You loved and enjoyed most of what you eat, even when I only cooked beans and egg.
I know the pain you must have felt when you could not swallow. Even then I tired so hard to make you forget that you could not. That was why I always asked you what you wanted for breakfast. I would buy your breakfast just to let you have a sip or taste. How much I wanted you to recover. I know you wanted so much to eat at the table when you said “Family eat together”.
I miss cooking for you father and buying you breakfast every morning. I no longer cook because you are not at the table. How I love to see you enjoy your food. How I miss you so very much. ...Love chin

No comments: