Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Can you change the weather?

Tears flow as I recall how you felt when you were in the hospital the first time.
I will always remember, one evening, when you were so restless in the hospital, I tried to turn you, and I asked you why father you kept on shaking your head, that this (position) was not right & that not right. I asked how I could make you feel more comfortable. You said to me, “Can you change the weather?” At first I could not hear you, then you repeated, and I heard you so clearly. You then said, “Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter”, so as to let me understand. Remember father, I said that we cannot change the weather but man can live in any weather, even in very cold weather, in the artic, or in the desert, anywhere. Hoping you would understand. Hoping that you would fight with your strength and that you would have the will to get better and have the will to live. You must have heard me & I thought I could feel your determination to live. Was I wrong? ..........................
That evening when I say tears running down your eyes, I cried ......……..
....……I know not why you spoke only in English – especially to me. You tried so hard so speak all the time even though it was difficult for you. Sometime I could not catch what you said. Somehow I think I always understood you.
..............................Your loving daughter Chin

No comments: