Friday, May 19, 2006

Father’s Analogy…..

One morning when I was eating breakfast with him, I asked him how he was. He told me it was difficult, probably due to his sickness and disabilities. I told him that all life is like that. Buddha also said life is suffering.

Some days later also after breakfast, I pushed him in a wheelchair along the house garden’s path. We were talking about plants and life in general when he turned to me and told me this analogy……

He said, “Everyone must travel along this path. I want to travel to this particular path but they stopped me. I decided to go to another path but somehow I still come back to the same path. I roamed and roamed but I cannot escape from the first path”.

I told him to be patience or find another path. He told me he cannot do that because he felt very difficult and uneasy inside.

I could not understand him at that time. He continued further. He asked me “If two persons who are engaged to be married found out that they were actually biological siblings, should they still get married?” I told him I do not know the answer.
He insisted that they should get married.

To all of you. Think of what father said……..I think he already knew his death.

Ah Bah…memories of father.

No comments: